Snellville Lighted Christmas Parade
Application Letter and Application
General Rules Regarding Assembly Area, Parade Line Up & Parade
- The Snellville Lighted Christmas Parade is held on the first Saturday evening after Thanksgiving. The general theme of the parade is “Christmas” and we require every entry to follow this general theme. STAT reserves the right to determine the overall appropriateness of any entry in the Lighted Christmas Parade and to deny entry to anyone not adhering to the general theme of the parade.
- In order not to confuse the children, THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE LIVE SANTA CLAUS, which is provided by STAT. If a live Santa Claus is in your entry, your entry will be DISQUALIFIED and taken out of the parade line-up! NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Every entry MUST be lighted. NO EXCEPTIONS. This means any person(s) walking, including chaperones. All vehicles must be lighted – NO EXCEPTIONS. Entries without lights will not be admitted in the parade line-up. Headlights of vehicles do not qualify. Battery operated lights can be purchased at most variety or hardware stores in the area.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES WILL BE ALLOWED ON OR AROUND THE PARADE ENTRIES OR ROUTE.
- FOR SAFETY REASONS, NO ITEMS OF ANY KIND ARE TO BE THROWN TO THE CROWD FROM ANYONE ON A MOVING VEHICLE. Walkers may hand out items.
- ALL VEHICLES SHALL MAINTAIN A SAFE SPEED AND MUST BE SAFELY OPERATED.
- All entries 12 years and younger MUST have an adult present.
- Guard railings must be at least 42 inches high on all floats that will have active movement.
- LENGTH OF VEHICLE(S) AND/OR FLOAT MUST BE LISTED ON REGISTRATION FORM. This total length of entry is to include number of vehicles, walkers, etc.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST BE LINED UP BY 04:30 PM OR THEY MAY BE DISQUALIFIED.
- All entries must maintain a space of 50 feet from the entry ahead. If any entry stalls or stops, the parade will move around it. Any entry not completing the route as a complete unit will be disqualified. The determination of entry placement and category is governed by the Parade Director, and is final.
- If paper is used in the construction of an entry, the paper must be flame retardant. A fire extinguisher (size 2A-10 BC or larger) is required on all entries. Floats may be inspected by the Gwinnett County Fire Department, or other designee, in the staging area.
- Bands must play continuously; with no more than eight complete cadences between selections.
- Only Christmas Music shall be played.
- This is a holiday parade and children are especially encouraged to participate, as individuals or as a group. We welcome commercial floats and tasteful advertising is allowed.
- We will be awarding 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for the best-decorated float prior to the start of the parade and you will be given a banner to walk with.
- Any entry violating any of the above rules or not keeping with the theme of the parade will be immediately removed from the parade and will be subject to disqualification from future parade participation.
- Application Deadline is November 10th, 2023. Applications must be returned by mail to PO Box 669, Snellville, Ga. 30078 or e-mail Kelly McAloon at email@example.com
Route: The staging area for the parade will be the Wisteria Shopping Center at Wisteria and US78. Please report to the parade official in your section beginning at 4:30 PM. Entries MUST be present 1 hour prior to the start of the parade. The route will go up Wisteria, make a left on North and then make a left on OAK. The walkers and people staying for the event will go straight to the Green for the Tree Lighting at 7:00 PM. Others will take a left at the City Hall parking lot and park or exit the venue on Clower St.